- I’m adjusting well to the new client. I like the work I’m doing, but some days I
work – gasp – six to eight hours to get all my work done from the various
people. I know, poor baby! And with that
long commute from my bedroom to the makeshift office in the kitchen! Mostly
though, I like being busy.
- Hermit! Yesterday I realized that I have become
super-hermit-like lately. One of my
friends invited me to a football game watch, and I moaned because a) it was
cold outside and b) the watch venue was two whole miles away! It seems that I think any event which
requires getting in the car is rather burdensome. In the end, I went and got to wear my skinny
jeans for the first time as well as a new pair of riding boots. It was enjoyable. I’d forgotten how nice it was to talk to new
people, do my hair/makeup, and generally look presentable.
- Who’s excited for the new Hobbit movie?!?! I am!!!
Gonna see it this weekend with friends after brunch with my
- Netflix? Usually
there’s some movie I want to see on Netflix and I move it up in the queue. Lately though, I haven’t had anything, and now
I’m getting random stuff that I’ve added over the years. Last week was Sophie’s
Choice followed by Monsters, Inc. Don’t
watch Sophie’s Choice, fyi. It’s even
more disturbing than you would think.
- I’m not drinking enough wine. I know this because last week I stopped by a
friend’s house for a few glasses and promptly did NOTHING the next day. I love
red wine on cold days, but I might be getting too old for more than a glass or
two. Geesh, it wipes me out!
- Not going home for Xmas this year. Haven’t told the parents yet. It was more money
than I had to spend what with flying across the country, boarding the dog,
baggage fees, etc, and I didn’t want to ask for the moolah. Bizarrely it’s working out well as I have
invites for both Xmas eve and day. We
shall see, however, if my parents are still speaking to me when it’s all over.
- I have a new downstairs neighbor in my duplex. Haven’t met her yet, but Martha has, in a
moment of perfect timing, recently decided that she loves chasing her toys back
and forth across the floor in the evenings and gets very perturbed when I take them away from her so as to not drive the new neighbor nuts.
- Old Crow Medicine show was in town a week or so ago, and I
opted to meet a friend for dinner instead. Hell has frozen over.
- Still practicing fiddle.
Went to a jam last week and mostly just sat there frozen in fear. We’ll
see if I make it back there!
- My fiddle teacher is "making me" a band. Seriously. She thinks I should start gigging, so she found a group that doesn't have a fiddle player and asked if I could join their band (unbeknownst to me). The first time she told me about it, I giggled. The next time we had a lesson, she brought me the band's list of songs and their keys. Slightly adorable.
- New clothes! I hate shopping…and I hate wearing the same clothes as everyone else. One of my friends has seized on this aspect of my personality, and calls me about once a month to drop by her house. We chat for a little while, and then I walk out with a shopping bag of clothes. She likes to clean out her closet regularly, but hates to throw the stuff away or drop off sentimental things. It’s really cute to see her get excited when I wear one of her old items. I did, however, have to say no to her old prom dress.